femmedium

punk phd / feminism / motherhood

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Feminist Magazines

I can't fully put my finger on it but this newly launched Feminist Times...I just don't like. Maybe it's the constant e-mails I kept getting from them during the run-up to the launch. The ones which read 'Thanks for the support' - completely oblivious to the fact I had just been deleting them as I went along. I think a bad taste was left in my mouth after the attempt to secure the Spare Rib title; something I completely disagreed with. It felt as though they were capitalising on this well known feminist 'brand' (I use the term loosely) which made me question the real motives behind FT. Finally going onto their online magazine (is there going to be a real-life publication in the future???), I was further irritated by their tag line "where have all the interesting women gone?" - I don't even know why because sometimes perhaps I wonder that in some sense of the question but...it just annoyed me.

And so I wait for the publication of LadyBeard (look it up on Facebook) on the 20th Oct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home